Monday, November 26, 2007

Major Football

Well, well, well, Saturday has come and gone and I am almost completely satisfied in regards to football. Lets start with on of the most dominating teams in High School football. The Harrisonville Wildcats have done what no one has done for several years now and with one more trip they will be tied for most consecutive trips. They come out and immediately start right where they left off, Sean Ransburg, running wild through the MCIDS Rams defense. He threw where he wanted and when he wanted. Oh yeah he missed a few, a couple to long and what not, but he hit when it mattered. The running backs had their way also with the Rams. It was never really a game at all in my opinion. Harrisonville coach, Fred Bouchard said earlier that that loss to them in 2004, still sticks with him, it is something that sticks in his craw. Well coach, this is twice now you have dominated them and in a big way. Harrisonville won by 35 points, 49 – 14. This is not a close game, not in a state title this is suppose to be the best that the state has, this is not an insult to the Rams of MICDS, but is this the state has or is Harrisonville just this good. I know that I am partial, but I am going with that latter. This team is this good and from the looks of younger players they might be this good for quite some time. We are looking at a Dynasty in the high school ranks. This team has now won 41 straight games and I have heard this is the 8th longest streak in the NATION. I made that bold so you got the point in the nation. They have had one loss in 2005, it was the first game of the season and it was to a 5A school, and they made it close. Some say the Cats give that game away. You know what though if a 3A school looses to a 5A school I will give them that loss and not hold it against them. Would have been nice to say they have won 56 straight games, as they went undefeated the prior year. I only want to say to Coach Bouchard, congratulations to you and your team on another quality year and look forward to bragging on you in the next years to come. 3-peat sounds good don’t it. Well I will be here for the 4- peat also.

Now to the second part of my great weekend. As you all have read in the past few days that I am a huge MU fan, and I have been dreaming of this win for days now and it has all come true for me. Now if the BCS don’t screw them again in the rankings. MU went on to that field and dominated this KU team like they have not seen or imagined all year. I know exactly what the KU fans are going to be saying and I am writing this early on Sunday so when they all start their crying on Monday it is here as proof. You see when KU losses in basketball all you hear is that the officiating was atrocious and cost them the game. You will hear that also here, with a few calls that should or should not have been called we win that game. With out the turnovers we win that game. Their will be no credit given to the Tigers defense that forced those turnovers just excuses that is all you will hear and you that listen all the time know it. If you don’t believe me tune into to the sports radio stations on Monday and you will hear it all. Then you can tune back in here and leave a comment saying you are right. You see the pretty people never, and I mean never take responsibility for what has actually happen. They have to have a reason why something happened. Well, all you freaking Johnson county asses here let me give you your excuses. You got your asses handed to you in the first half and the beginning of the second half. Man”GINA” had no idea what to do, from the look on his face he was hungry and that is all I seen. Feed me, Feed me. Look there will be no excuses at all you got beat and that is that, the officiating was not unfair. Hell, every time the Tigers got close they made stupid mistakes and get moved back. They give you every chance to take this game. How many 3rd and 20 + was there or 3rd and 18. Chase Daniels may not or probably not win the little bronze guy, but by god he needs to be invited anyway. This man went out on this field and made plays when he needed to. I have never seen one guy make that much difference in one game. Every time the Tigers needed a pass they got it and they got from him. Look back at the 3rd and 18 or 19 whatever it was and he runs around for an hour back there and finds the open guy and puts the ball in a box for the receiver. It was a perfect pass and no one was going to get it except for whom he wanted to get it. I think that only reason that it got as close in the second half as it did was that the MU offense started shutting down a little, it almost looked like to me that Pinkel was playing prevent offense, run the clock down and we will be fine. It looked to me like there was not the aggressiveness that I seen in the 1st half. I started to get a little worried there for a bit. But hey the kids kept scoring and kept scoring. Though be it, it was field goals, but they kept scoring. Now give it to the Jayhawks, they scored every time they got the ball in the 4th, and they scored quickly also. The defense was not playing as close and tight as they were earlier in the game. They got the win and that is all that matters to me and, a lot of people.

As I said last week the Jayhawks have not been challenged like this all year. They have not played on ranked team. They play one ranked team and they get their collective asses handed to them. Rock, CHOKE, Jayhwks. That is what is was, a first class choking and strangling. 11-0 I know you have done things right, but you was not challenged all year and you KU fans know it. That is why you should have been ranked right back there with Hawaii all along. Neither of you have been challenged, by anyone, with a winning record or a ranked team all year. Now that you are back around probably 9 or maybe 10 you are where you should be. Look I have said it before and will continue to say it, I am a big 12 fan and I am sure you will probably get a bcs game, well if you are all smart enough to root for MU. You see if MU wins, then you have a BCS birth. Otherwise you don’t get that. They will only take 2 big 12 teams, MU will be 1 if they beat the Sooners, and then you will be the other. So get the feathers out of your mouths and root for whom you know should win this next game. I think this time around OU will not prevail.

Good game to the Tigers and the Jayhawks, Pinkel did not have his coaching stroke I thought he might have and the MANGINAS got their ass whipped just good enough in one half to loose site of the tigers. The clown suit looks good on you Coach Mangina, wear it with pride, you deserve it. Be back later with another report on the Chiefs.