Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Turkey Day

Well I hope that everyone had a great turkey day and did not eat so much that you are now miserable and will be for the next day. A day of great food and football, and we are getting closer and closer to the border war. I know maybe alot of you are getting tired of hearing about this damn game. However I am really getting excited the closer it comes to a reality. I have studied the stats and looked at them again and again and try to match them up player by player. When KU is on offense and then MU on offense and I am not finding anything that really sets the two apart. KU has a pretty good defense and yet I think, yeah but they have not played against anyone that is ranked. Have they played against anyone with this type of offense or this many weapons. I answer no to all the above. But then again the KU boys are hot right now and then I start to think that for the most part that Mangino has owned Pinkel. Then again these are 2 completely different teams also. The game last year went with MU, but this KU defense is a little better. The MU defense was questionable at best at the beginning of the year, then they have held opponents to little or no scores. Look what they did to Nebraska, they did not give up one offensive score.

Who is the leader here? Who has the advantage in this game? Will KU have the home field advantage? Supposingly they are going to have the majority of the seats filled at Arrowhead. The tickets was not sold in a order that keeps the KU fans on one side and the MU fans on one side. That might make a difference in the noise level for both teams. If KU does have more fans, if they are spread out amongst the MU fans maybe the noise won't be so loud.

Are you starting to see what the hell I am going through here. I have thought and thought about this and I can not get the answer that I am looking for. As you all know by now I am a MU fan, and I am looking for something that might lead me to believe that MU is going to win this game and head off to the League Championship against Texas or OU, whoever the hell that is going to be. I have also played this scenerio through my mind that if LSU looses, and MU wins out, is it possible that KU gets enough votes to maybe stay in the #2 spot. I mean if the game is like a 21-20 game, naturally MU winning, then the polls could look at it like, hey they played them tough and maybe deserving of staying in the hunt. Then I think I don't want to have to play them again if we get by them the first time. I am sick aren't I? I need help. I should maybe start drinking right now.

Finally I come to the conclusion that, who cares who wins, at least a Big 12 team will be in the hunt. I guess that should be good enough for me. Either way it is going to be one hell of a game. The national spotlight is on my 2 local teams.

Speaking of local teams I have a high school post just below I think it might be worthy of a read..

0 Showed Their cohones: