Sunday, December 2, 2007

Figure This One

Ok so here in a minute, or you can scroll down now to see the latest BCS standings. I have a few questions and I have looked and looked and I can not figure what the hell or how the hell they come up with their decisions. I sat and watched Fox Sports announce the bowls for everyone. Well, the BCS games that is. Here below is the final standings and after you browse through this then try to help me figure out what the hell or how the hell they derived at this. I was only going to list the top 10 for the BCS games but it is going to take the top 13 teams to get them all in. These are the BCS standings as found on ESPN.com. I am not making this up.

1. Ohio State 11-1
2. LSU 11-2
3. Virginia Tech 11-2
4. Oklahoma 11-2
5. Georgia 10-2
6. Missouri 11-2
7. USC 10-2
8. Kansas 11-1
9. West Virginia 10-2
10. Hawaii 12-0
11. Arizona State 10-2
12. Florida 9-3
13. Illinois 9-3


Ok so lets start of with this, the #1 and #2 I get, well I kind of get but I am fine with that. Then we move on down to the first of many questions I have. So (3) Oklahoma will be taking on (9) West Virginia. How in the hell do you go to that. You leave (5) Georgia out all together. You leave the #5 team out all together. Oh wait it gets better. Then you go to the Orange bowl, this is the one that is going to leave a crawl in my throat for awhile. Then you hear all the so called experts saying that Missouri got hosed and it makes it even worse. The #8 Kansas Jayhawks leap over the #6 Missouri team to get into the Orange Bowl. Now look I know that MU lost one more game than KU. MU played one more game that KU. KU played the 110th toughest schedule, MU played the 29th toughest schedule. MU beat KU head to head. MU beat teams that KU played and beat them bigger. Yet, MU gets hosed one more time this year in the rankings. Just like when WV jumped over MU in week 13. This one however is going to sting a little longer. I know that only 2 teams from each conference can go, I understand that. Tell me this, why is the higher ranked team not going, why is the team that beat the other team not going. Can anyone out there answer this. Wait, don't answer,I am afraid one of those KU fans will open thier mouth and more vomit will come running out. I said it from the very beginning, if they ever play a ranked team they will loose and they did. I can almost guarantee you that they are going to get their asses handed to them. ManGINA get prepared for your second ass whipping and I hope this time your opponent don't go into prevent defense and soft offense on your ass. Ok, now I have the homer comments out of the way now on to more bogus bowls. How in the hell does #13 Illinois jump up and take a game and again the #6 does not make it in a game. So everyone in the top 10 is in a BCS game except for one team. Guess who that is, yes the # 6 Mizzou Tigers. Guess what the Mizzou Tigers beat them also. I know that one of the top 10 teams would not make it because there was to many Big 12 teams, but how in the hell do you leave the team who beat 2 of the teams in your damn BCS games. Yes they beat 2 of the teams you pride you and your friggin system on. Has anyone in the BCS games beat anyone else in the games. NO, only MU has beat any of them and they have beat 2 of them. Now I know the Cotton Bowl is a good bowl and it is in the New Year. This is a first in quite some time.

I am sitting and listening to Jimmy Johnson and the boys announce these games and I hear them say it also. One deserved to be there, but thier not. What are you going to do? I listen to local news and they say point balnk, MU gets hosed. I listen to ManGINA at his little press conferance, and he says I did not understand some of the decisions but I am glad for our team. You think he know he got friggin lucky huh. YOU THANK. Damn right you got lucky. We beat you and ended up ranked higher in all polls and yet you get the damn game. Look in a year when anything could and did happen, I understand this was going to be one of those crazy sorting all this out years but, but when you are ranked higher and you beat the other team head to head, I think it is time that something be done. Look this bowl season lasts over 3 weeks, why in the hell can you not take the top 8 teams and let them play. That will take you exactly 3 weeks to do that. It is appearantly all about the money, so there you go. These last 8 teams will be playing for more in every game. You don't think that the NCAA tourny don't take in a ton of money when they have there 3 week playoff for that title. Look at NCAA baseball it takes a hell of alot longer than 3 weeks. You bring them to 2 different sites and call them what ever the hell you want to call them and let them play. If you want to call it the Orange Bowl then fine call it the Orange Bowl, then you can call one the Fiesta Bowl, and the Sugar Bowl, ect. Then you keep playing and the next thing you know is that you have a National Champion and fairly so.

I am done bitching now, but something needs to be done. I don't think the plus one will work either. Plus one will not help out the crap that is going on this year and this is not the first time and will not be the last time either. Look if you are not good enough to be ranked in the top 10 then you don't deserve to be playing in a BCS game and yet we have that happening right now.

0 Showed Their cohones: